*This post contains affiliate links. Thus, if you purchase any products or services using the links, I get compensation at no extra cost to you.
Luxury can mean many different things to different travelers. Some like to experience all of the pleasures of flying first class to the most romantic, exotic or luxurious travel destinations around the world, while other luxury travelers like to experience the destination in the form of an adventure and experience the local way of life in all of its shine and glory.
You May Also Like: 6 Amazing Honeymoon Destinations Around The Globe
Whether you’re the former or the latter, and no matter if you’re traveling solo or with a significant other, there is no shortage of amazing luxe experienced around the world.
Today, we’ll be exploring some of the most exciting yet luxurious travel destinations around the world where you can stay in tailored luxury, and customize your experience to your liking.
Table Of Contents
- 1 The Top Luxurious Destinations You Need To Visit in 2019
- 1.1 Best Experiences:
- 1.2 Best Experiences:
- 1.3 Best Experiences:
- 1.4 Best Experiences:
- 1.5 Best Experiences:
- 2 Parting words
The Top Luxurious Destinations You Need To Visit in 2019
1. Experience the hipster culture in Melbourne, Australia
Sydney might be the most popular destination among global tourists, but Melbourne is where the action is.
Sure, go ahead and visit all of the prominent landmarks that crown the capital of NSW, but make sure to spend most of your vacation exploring the vibrant livelihood of the breathtaking city of Melbourne, a place every true hedonist needs to visit at least once in a lifetime.
Melbourne is an urban gem, and a place for those luxe travelers who like to stay on the move.
- While the views from the luxurious hotels are mesmerizing, you want to head out and join the action on the streets.
You May Also Like: 7 Reasons You Should Stay In Hotels When Vacationing
- Experience the vibrant culture and architecture
- Taste the wiles of Melbourne’s fine dining overlooking the city’s skyline
- Of course, lay back on a honey-hued beach and watch as the waves crash on the shore.
2. Exploring the culture of Marrakech, Morocco
A vibrant destination favored by adventure travelers is Morocco, and in particular, the historic city of Marrakesh. If you like to be a part of a crowd, this is the place for you.
The Red City and its center, the Medina of Marrakesh, offer a unique view into the history of the region, as the historic architecture is reminiscent of medieval empires that shaped the city.
Dating back to the Berber Empire in the ancient times of Roman conquest, the walled city center is a standing testament to the civilizations that once were.
- Explore the bustling bazaars.
- Visit the Koutoubia Mosque and the Bahia Palace
- Stay at the luxurious La Sultana.
3. Living large in the city of Hong Kong
On the other side of the globe, we have the thriving city-state of Hong Kong.
Among the numerous up-scale activities travelers like to partake in here, travelers particularly like the wellness scene, as the exquisite personal training in Hong Kong has elevated the reputation of the city and made it one of the top destinations for restorative travel among up-scale globetrotters.
If you are looking to return from your travels a healthier, happier human being, then wellness centers in Hong Kong might just have the program for you.
- Aside from working on your physical health in an up-scale setting, Hong Kong is also world-renowned for its fine dining scene and of course, the unique boat tours overlooking the enthralling city skyline.
4. Lisbon and Portugal’s rich history
If you’re somewhat of a history buff and you love exploring travel destinations that boast a rich cultural heritage, then Portugal should definitely be on your 2019 travel list.
Between the cobble stone streets of Lisbon and the fine eateries that reside within, and the breathtaking beaches of its offshore territories, such as those at the isle of San Miguel, Portugal is a romantic destination bound to bring you and your significant other closer together.
- Be sure to book a room at a fine establishment in Lisbon itself, like the Pestana Palace or the Ritz, and ask for a room overlooking the Tagus river – don’t worry, a street view is also a gorgeous site to behold from your bedroom window as well.
- From Lisbon, you can sail to the isle of San Miguel for a romantic whole-day escapade at Ponta Delgada.
5. Paris, France, of course
Paris is forever. It might seem like a cliché by now, but Paris truly is the top luxurious destination on the globe, and if you haven’t been already, this is your opportunity to experience luxury like never before.
Paris might be a global tourist hotspot, but only a handful of travelers get to partake in its finest experiences – it all depends how much you’re willing to spend on an unforgettable vacation.
- From world-class cuisine in restaurants with a waiting list of several months to a year, to the exclusive boutiques crowning the Champs-Élysées, all the way to the VIP nightlife scene, Paris has it all.
- If you want to organize yourself the most luxurious trip to Paris, though, be sure to hire a VIP travel agent to make all of the arrangements, and get you into the finest establishments.
Of all the top locations in the world, only few deserve to bear the moniker of luxury. With these handpicked destinations in your itinerary, you can make 2019 the most exciting and unforgettable travel year of your life.
Well, which of these luxurious travel destinations are in your bucket list? Or where have you been to already?
Would love to your thoughts in the comments below…
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Peter Minkoff is a beauty and fashion writer at Trend Prive magazine.
Follow Peter on Twitter for more tips.