*This post contains affiliate links thus if you purchase any products or services using the links, I get compensation at no extra cost to you.
1. ALL-BLACK EVERYTHING!
Wanna look sleek and expensive at the same time? Then go no further..just get an all-black look. The look is an-all-time look that can transition easily between too much occasions.
HOW TO WEAR THE ALL-BLACK EVERYTHING LOOK
1.Pair clothes of different fabrics.
Keeping it a one-material affair makes the all-black look to be boring and cheap but when you mix textures, you polish the look. The look can come out too monotonous when it’s only cotton you’ll wear, or only chiffon. But for the perfect all-black look, mix textures. For example: faux fur and cotton, or even leather and faux fur.
2.If you choose to wear colors here, go for dark colors too like dark polished grey which won’t spoil this color scheme.
3.Learn to pair high-end black and low-end black for an authoritative look.
For instance: You can start from sequin and cotton, or faux leather and cotton, or chiffon and faux leather, or even fur and faux leather.
4.If you want to keep the look completely black, then opt for nude lips and dark smoky eyes.
Dark lips are only proper depending on the occasion, if it is for an evening concert, then it will be fine but if the look is for a normal occasion, nude lips are best.
5.You can choose to accessorize black only if your accessories are high-end since they look much sleek than cheap ones. If not, opt for silver as the color of your accessories, I promise it won’t spoil your all-black look.
Black is an all-round color that can be worn as a normal wear or even outer wear so there’s no problem even with too much layering all black, as long as you keep the layering high-end. If you need a color that you can wear without any problem and too much rules, then opt for black! Just get different textures and you’ll be good to go.
The look is great for an evening date or an evening business dinner.
Gold as it is, is the metallic color of the season. It hit the fashion scene so right in 2017 and is still on top after beating silver!
BEST GOLDs COME IN:
- Many jewelry lines have taken advantage of the color and really producing jewelry that’s golden in make. From rings, to earrings, to neck pieces,to bangles, to anklets, to even watches. And the color sparkles too well and does not really rust easily, especially if it is high end.
- As well, shoe makers are also making shoes especially high heels and sandals that are golden in color. This color is so luxurious no wonder such shoes are considered a jackpot!
- The bag makers are also using gold too much since the best purses and clutches come in the color. My girlfriend recently bought a Gucci bag that is black-and-gold! Oh my…I’m so jealous I feel like taking it…too bad she won’t even let me touch it!Ha-Ha!
- Not to forget, fashion designers have really killed it with this color! We’ve seen the Bohemian midi skirts coming in color gold, golden metallic pencil skirts are replacing the silver metallic skirts- the same goes for tops. And yes, who wouldn’t love a golden outerwear? I’m yet to see anyone.
HOW TO WEAR GOLD
It is so easy to wear the color. Since it is sleek, it requires a luxurious pair as well. You can wear a sassy color too or a sassy fabric.
- When going bold, consider colors like emerald, burgundy, hot red and the like while when going neutral, consider black or white.
- As well, always consider great textured pairs for gold. For example: sequin, faux leather or faux fur. This creates a really polished look instead of toning down the color. If you have to tone it down depending on the occasion, then wear a pair of great design; something like an off-shoulder top, a nice crop top or even a halter top.
3. BLACK AND WHITE
The black and white combination is both the easiest and the most timeless color pairing in fashion. It is such a vintage combination and actually, there’s no end to the ways you can wear this combo. You can wear a black top and a white bottom, a black bottom and a white top, an all-black look with white accessories…and the list is endless!
Above all, remember that fashion is meant to be fun, and even this classic color combination can be wild and playful. Mix sequins and cotton, denim and silk. Polka dost and prints. Whatever makes you feel confident and beautiful, go for it!
So what is your favorite color combination? Please lemme know in the comments below…