Do you just jump in bed after a long day’s work? Carrying all the makeup and sweat you had on your face to bed? Let me hope not?
We all love ourselves, right? 😍😍
It’s essential for everyone to develop a bedtime routine. I got mine, I’m gonna share it with you …
1. Wash my face with warm water and mild soap. (Perhaps a lukewarm shower for that matter too)
Warm water is good on my oily face since it melts out much of the oils layered on my face.
I also avoid perfumed soaps for my face and use the ordinary ‘ kipande soap ‘ as popularly known😂😂.
Using a face towel , I scrub my face while washing it. Do not use your body scrubber for your face. Also, I use another face towel to dry my face and not my body towel.
2. Brush my teeth and lips.
Brushing procedure :
- While teeth are close together , brush the front part of your all teeth in a circular manner.
- Release your teeth, brush the crowns of the teeth on your lower jaw from the incisors towards the molars. Do the same for teeth on your upper jaw.
- Brush the tongue which hampers much bacteria.
- Brush the lips lightly to remove some dead lip-skin.
- Rinse your mouth with clean water , or rather , salty water too.
3. Perhaps a pimple is on my face, I apply garlic juice directly on it.
4. Where is my petroleum jelly now?
Yeah! On my eye lashes I apply a small dab of it , using a clean mascara wand or my fingers sometime . They strengthen my eye lashes , moisturize them as much as they make them thicker and longer , with time though.
( I wash the petroleum jelly off in the morning using lukewarm water)
Also , I smoothen some Vaseline on my lips and face ; pure Vaseline petroleum jelly is a good moisturizer both for your lips and face , perhaps if you dont have a moisturizer.
5. Apply garlic juice on my fingernails and toenails. I told you why! Hihi… but also , garlic juice gets rid of dark-coloured toenails…😛
Some nights, I apply my hand lotion , with some garlic juice in to my toes and hands then put on a pair of gloves and socks for softer hands and toes !
6. Grab a glass, or two glasses of cold water. (Haha! Remember , I take 6 glasses a day, that is not a miracle I know!:)) We all know the benefits of always taking water.
And there you have it, my night routine that has left my face pimple-free and blackhead-free, my hands and feet cool too. We know that at night , we grow, our skin grows too. By 20 minutes at most , I’m usually done.
You can see some of my selfies, and look at my face…thanks to my every night routine. And sometimes , some good minimal makeup too…:):)
Feel free to let me know about your every night skin care routine!:)