I have gotten a number of questions about the bowtie I wore to the cultural event at Kenya Institute of Mass Communications seen from my post : how I wore- ‘HIGH SCHOOL BOYISH.’ So today, I thought I could share about that with you. :):)
So yeah , do you love ties like I do? We both know that ties are so awesome especially for official looks ; they bring out that bossy and classy look you bet!
Ironically , I have no tie ; be it a bow tie or a neck tie. I only use my scarf to make them. Whenever I am up for work or an event, I do my ‘tie’.
So how can one make one?
Okay, here is my guide on how to turn that scarf
in your closet into a bowtie:
- Lay the scarf open behind your neck or collar perhaps; ensure both sides are equal.
- Tie it into just a knot; you know…like how you tie your shoe laces first. And give it enough space to ensure you don’t squeeze your neck😂
- Fold each side of the scarf equally.
- Knot it once again for that cute butterfly shape.
- Even the shape out and let it hang beautifully on your chest!
And that’s just it! Now you can turn your scarf into your tie as well… mmmh! For a smaller bow tie, use a shorter scarf .
I got my black scarf from Ruiru Market :).
Lemme know if you got other questions for me to do a DIY for you.