The long rains are approaching so fast! Soon, or even now, I bet you are trying to stack a lot of boots , scarfs, many pairs of cotton gloves and socks, a lot of trousers a number of mavins , warm jackets and jumpers into your closet. Why? Just to save yourself from the cold!
It’s always a hectic time for you, especially if you are allergic to the cold or asthmatic! But worry not, today , I have decided to share with you the magical recipe that helped me curb my allergy.
I remember sometimes back I was allergic to cold , my nostrils could block whenever I was in the cold. Until I got my natural remedy, I sneezed every morning and night , I spent my days basking in the sun and my nights dressed heavily as if I was up for mountain hiking! 😂😂 But that is now part of my past!
You are curious to know what I did , right?
Ok, most of us got spices in our kitchens, right? Or rather, we see them in markets . Don’t take them for granted. Look at the recipe below that became my medicine and cleared my allergy in two weeks.
(1) A chunk of turmeric.
(2) 1 clove of garlic.
(3)1 white (optional) and 1 purple (compulsory) bulb onions .
(4) A chunk of ginger .(tangawizi)
(5) 1 lemon(grafted lemon is more preferable).
(6)A glass, or two glasses of water.
(7) A bunch of mint leaves.
(8) A bunch of parsley herbs.
(9) 1 Okra fruit.
(10) Raw, unfiltered honey .(Optional ; honey acts as a preservative here)
- Wash all ingredients with clean water.
- In a clean bowl, grate the turmeric , garlic , ginger , okra and both onions. (Sometimes, you can just grate the spices and squeeze their juices then take them directly)
- Chop the mint leaves and parsley herbs as well.
- In a clean pan , boil the glass of water.
- Put the boiled water in a clean jug and add the grated and chopped spices to it.
- Squeeze out the lemon juice into the jug too.
- If you consider honey, add 1-2 tablespoons into the jug too.(optional procedure though ; too much honey will bring a sweet taste to the liquid that isn’t likeable)
- Let the whole mixture stand for about 20minutes for the ‘spices’ natural goodness’ to infuse into the water.
- Filter the liquid afterwards and put in clean container.This is how the liquid looks like.
- Store in a cool dry place for future dosage ; perhaps refrigerating.
- Warm the liquid shortly anytime you want to take it. It dries ASAP under much heat.
- Maintain a dosage of 2 spoonfuls , thrice a day, after meals.
- Apply pure onion juice on the chest and neck area and the whole nose area too.
- It is purely herbal since it’s made from natural spices right from your kitchen ; you won’t suffer from any side effects.
- It it a promising recipe ; the dosage will let you have good night rests since wheezing (for the asthmatic) while blocking of the nostrils(for the allergic)significantly reduces.
- Initially, you will sneeze a lot and have trouble with running nose(if you are allergic) and also cough (if asthmatic) but with time all that ceases.
And there you have it, it worked out for me …you could try it out ! And see for yourself! Repeat the dosage for as long as you wish; that is ,till you feel you are good enough. You can give yourself a week to spot any changes before returning back to your dosage.
Feel free to share your thoughts :)!